The Old West End National Historic District is proud to have SOVAH Health as a neighbor. Stemming from Danville’s 1884 “Home for the Sick,” this medical center has seen many changes. Its first permanent building was also in the District at the corner of Jefferson Ave and Loyal Street. In 1926, it moved to South Main Street with the name Memorial Hospital. That facility expanded many times, becoming Danville Regional Medical Center in 1993 and Sovah Health in 2017. Today, Sovah Health – Danville has a medical staff of approximately 160 and employs over 1,300 associates. The hospital provides over 25 medical specialties and 14 surgical services to the community.